The update R7B-3 is released
Tue Jun 5 10:48:19 CEST 2001
To make things easier to grasp I'll highlight the most important changes
* Performance - the Inter-ORB communication overhead significantly
reduced; how much depends on the arguments/return-values.
* oe_register/oe_unregister - the overhead for registering
IDL-specifications in the IFR significantly reduced.
* New configuration parameters (see User's Guide - 5.2 Configuration):
- orber_debug_level generate reports for abnormal situations (i.e. not
necessarily an error). Hence, use only during development.
- iiop_setup_connection_timeout which should be used at all time
together with iiop_connection_timeout and iiop_timeout.
* System exceptions - Orber now supports all system exceptions defined in
the CORBA-2.4 specification. The documentation also contain a listing of
all exceptions and why/when they might be thrown. Please note that it's
the "short version"; for an extensive description see
On 1 Jun 2001, Kent Boortz wrote:
> Bug fix release : otp_src_R7B-3
> >From snapshot : 20010601
> This is a bug fix release R7B-3. You can download the full source
> distribution or the patch that take R7B-2 up to R7B-3.
> There are lots of bug fixes and improvements in this release, for more
> information read the distribution readme
> To patch the previos release "otp_src_R7B-2" you use a patch program
> that understand the "unified" patch format and do
> % cd otp_src_R7B-X
> % gzip -dc <location of patch file>/otp_src_R7B-2to3.patch.gz | patch -p1
> There is no support for building a Windows version from source.
> Note that the documentation is not updated, we will do that soon.
> Darwin/OS X support was added but is not completed. Read the README file
> for more information.
> For installation instructions please read the README that is part of
> the distribution,
> The OTP Team
More information about the erlang-questions