gen_fsm:send_after | start_timer

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Mon Jul 9 18:43:32 CEST 2001

Hi,
I do not have a decent work environment to do any tests right, but I believe
that an attempt at cleaning up the timer module has been made. The design rule
in the AXD is from 1996, and a lot has changed since then. I do not think the
ban is in the updated design rules.

I notice that the timers are still inserted in lists using insertion sort, so if
timing is still a problem (How many timers will you have running at any one
time?), I would personally rewrite the timer module instead of complicating the
FSMs.

Cheers,
Francesco
--