Makefile and Erlang

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Jan 29 11:52:42 CET 2001

Alexis,

A few things which might be of use..

After untarring you need to also move some files around and set up some
paths in other files.

The Install shell script embedded in the depths of the open source
distribution (erts/etc/unix) can be used for this (it does all sorts of
stuff including building start.boot files etc). I also attach my version
which is somewhat cut down from the full one but deals with a few other
things like setting up the IP address in my SNMP config files etc.

It also uses start.src from this directory which you can edit beforehand to
add any other fixed options you want such as -embedded etc

Usage is

./Install erl-root-dir release-vsn rel-file node-name

So for your case I guess it would be something like
./Install /home/otpuser../ 1 app1 nodename

If it doesn't run straight away in your environment it should give you some
idea of the sorts of things you need to do

Good luck,

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: