Self-modifying code

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Sun Jan 14 17:26:37 CET 2001

Hi all!

As an interesting project, I was thinking about converting some of my old applications from Lisp to Erlang. It should be interesting and not extremely difficult.

However, there is one thing that I don't know how to handle: in Lisp it is very easy to dynamically build a list and then evaluate it as a program. Is there a way to do something like that with Erlang?

One simple solution would be to write a Lisp-like interpreter in Erlang, and use regular lists to build and to evaluate. But much cooler it would be to have an Erlang interpreter instead!

Btw, how could one write lists as in Lisp, without commas between items? Parse transformations need proper Erlang code as input, don't they?

regards,
Vlad