long names not working on Windows 2000

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Thu Jan 11 09:22:24 CET 2001

Raimo Niskanen wries:
> Since Windows 2000 is not explicitly handled by Erlang, it regards
> the OS to be NT or other Windows. You can try "os:type()" to see which.

Here it's:

	{win32,nt}

> Erlang reads the domain from the registry, where the TCP/IP protocol
> stack should have put the information. You can try regedit (on NT) and
> find the key:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Domai
> which should contain the domain name.

This was blank here.  There were a number of other places where it was
defined correctly.  I believe that with Windows 2000 it seperates things
more by "controllers" (i.e. LAN adaptors).

I manually edited with regedit and low and behold it now works.

Thanks,

	-Vance