JInterface

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Jan 10 10:52:16 CET 2001

In general, we only guarantee that two consectuitive major versions can
talk to each other (i.e. R5 can talk to R6, R6 can talk to R7).

We don't change the distribution protocol unless we have good reason;
for instance the upcoming R8 *might* be able to talk R6 (so far we
haven't found any reason to change the distribution protocol in R8).

The original open-source version of Erlang (based on R4) could not
talk with the commercial version of Erlang.

All versions (commercial or open-source) of R6 and R7 can talk with
each other. The commercial version of R6 can also talk with R5.
(There was no open-source release of R5.)

/Björn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P