JInterface

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Jan 9 21:06:05 CET 2001

Francesco Cesarini writes:
> Nope.. Does not work, as there are also changes and improvements in the
> Erlang distribution among releases, different versions of Erlang can not
> talk to each other (Unless of course, the distribution went untouched..
> Which is definitively not the case between R5 and R7).

Well that statement is a bit strong isn't it?  I have connected my desktop
environment to other backend nodes running different versions.  I would
also point out that the release notes have many mentions of certain _issues_
involving ditribution between versions.  I don't know about R5 <--> R7
though.

I was told at one point that my commercial versions wouldn't talk to the
opensource versions.  Apparently this had to do with the security mechanisms
used in the commercial systems not being released as opensource.

	-Vance