Erlang, C, IC and asyncronous servers/clients

Jouni.Ryno <>
Thu Feb 22 13:23:49 CET 2001

> Hello!
> Can't you define the function to be oneway and add a new function which
> send the N packets back to the Erlang side?

The problem is, that I would anyway have to initiate the transfer from
the data-sending-side. That's why I'm searching for asynchronous

> If not, you must search for
> all complete packets and return them in a sequence.
Hmm, yes, in effect putting packets inside packet. It just don't look
correct :-)

>The last option is to
> use the C-interface directly, i.e., not via IC.
Ugly :-)

But anyway, I just have to make it work this week, so I might even try
to make it work with old IG. If I remember correctly, someone was still
keeping it alive ...

But thanks anyway.

  Jouni Rynö                            mailto://
  Finnish Meteorological Institute
  Geophysical Research
  P.O.BOX 503                           Tel   (+358)-9-19294656
  FIN-00101 Helsinki                    GSM   (+358)-50-5302903
  Finland                               FAX   (+358)-9-19294603
  "It's just zeros and ones, it cannot be hard"