FTRTFT 2002: Call for Papers

Martin Fraenzle Martin.Fraenzle@REDACTED
Mon Dec 17 15:10:57 CET 2001

to be organized in Oldenburg in September 2002.  Please consider to submit a
paper and show this Call for Papers to those who are interested in the topics
of the conference.

With kind regards,
Werner Damm and Ernst-Ruediger Olderog
(conference co-chairs)

                   Formal Description of Programming Concepts

                                9 -- 12 September 2002

                                 University of Oldenburg
                                         Germany

                  http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/ftrtft02
                        ftrtft02@REDACTED

 New in 2002  ---  special focus on UML
                     ---  additional topic: secure global and mobile computing

Theme

 The symposium will present advances in the development and use of formal
 techniques in the design of real-time, hybrid, fault-tolerant embedded
 systems, covering all stages from requirements analysis to hardware and/or
 software implementation. With the increasing use of such formal techniques
 in industrial settings, the conference aims at stimulating
 cross-fertilization  between challenges in industrial usages of
 formal methods and advanced research. Topics within this theme include

 - requirements' capture       - timing estimation
 - safety analysis                - partitioning
 - formal models                  - schedulability analysis
 - specification                   - hardware/software codesign
 - verification                     - fault tolerance
 - testing                           - real-time communications services

New

 The Symposium will in particular focus on UML based development of real-time

 systems, and will through invited presentations strengthen links between the

 dependable systems and formal methods research communities.
 Also, this time the Symposium is co-sponsored by Working Group 2.2 on
 "Formal Description of Programming Concepts" of IFIP,
 the International Federation of Information Processing, which
 adds to the above theme the following topics:

 - component-based design
 - formal models of object-oriented design
 - secure global and mobile computing

Series

 This Symposium is the seventh of a series of symposia devoted to
 problems and solutions in safe system design. The previous symposia
 took place in Warwick 1990, Nijmegen 1992, L"ubeck 1994,
 Uppsala 1996, Lyngby 1998, and Pune 2000. Proceedings of these
 symposia were published  as volumes 331, 571, 863, 1135, 1486 and 1926
 in the LNCS series by Springer-Verlag.

Format

 The Symposium is a four days event starting with
 tutorials, followed by the regular conference with invited talks and
 presentations selected from the submissions by the program committee.
 The Symposium is followed by one day satellite events.

Submissions

 Paper submissions with original contributions to the above topics are
 invited. The papers should not exceed 18 pages in the Springer-Verlag
 LNCS format, see

     http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html,

 and be accompanied by the complete address (electronic, postal and fax)
 of the corresponding author, a short abstract, and a list of key words.
 Before submitting a paper please check at

     http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/ftrtft02

 for the up-to-date information of the submission procedure. Accepted
 papers will be published as a volume of Lecture Notes in Computer
 Science (LNCS) by Springer-Verlag:

     http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html

Important dates

 Submission deadline                    March 1, 2002
 Notification of acceptance             May 1, 2002
 Final Version of Papers                                June 1, 2002
 Symposium                                           September, 9--12, 2002

Invited speakers

 Bruce Powell Douglass, I-Logix
 Dexter Kozen, Cornell University
 Nancy Leveson, MIT
 Amir Pnueli, Weizmann Institute
 John Rushby, SRI International

 ... more speaker to be announced

Tutorials

 John Mc Dermid, York:  Safety Analysis
 Kim G. Larsen, Aalborg: Advances in Real-Time Model-Checking

Program Committee

 Rajeev Alur, Pennsylvania
 Frank de Boer, CWI Amsterdem
 Manfred Broy, TU Muenchen
 Alan Burns, University of York
 Werner Damm, Oldenburg (co-chair)
 John Mc Dermid, University of York
 Tom Henzinger, Berkeley
 Bengt Jonsson, Uppsala
 Mathai Joseph, Pune
 Kim G. Larsen, Aalborg
 R. de Lemos, Kent,
 Oded Maler, Verimag,
 Ernst-Ruediger Olderog, Oldenburg (co-chair)
 Amir Pnueli, Weizmann Institut
 Anders Ravn, Aalborg
 W.P. de Roever, Kiel
 John Rushby, SRI,