Anticipating R8 / Was: Re: When to free the desc in a multithreaded driver

snickl@REDACTED snickl@REDACTED
Wed Aug 22 15:26:52 CEST 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Raimo Niskanen wrote:

> Yes. This is already corrected in the coming R8 release, and we are
> working on a patch for R7B shortly.

Just being curious, but what will be the "great new features" in R8?
Is there anything online I didn't see yet?
Is the preview at EUC'2001 going to be put up afterwards?

Impatient in Bavaria,

CU, SN
------
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,
but I've never been witness to it in my professional career.
        John Kirch,
        Networking Consultant and Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows NT)