Driver question

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Wed Aug 15 17:44:37 CEST 2001

Hi,

I want to do someting like this:

Allocate some storage in my driver, pass the data to erlang, and then, if
the data goes out of scope at an erlang level have the storage automatically
freed out of the driver by garbage collection.

Maybe driver binaries exhibit this effect already? Or do they need to be
freed in the driver as well as Erlang?

There is a part of the inet_drv where the refc value of the binary is
checked to see if anyone else still needs it, which then frees it if no-one
else does, but this still implies some cleanup routine run regularly in the
driver.

Thoughts anyone? Is it a sensible thing to try to do?

Thanks,
Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: