how to read from a TCP socket line by line

snickl <>
Tue Aug 14 16:39:23 CEST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Daniel Solaz wrote:

> Maybe I should look at how the inets webserver parses HTTP headers
> (which BTW is exactly what I want to do, except on the client side).

In this case, you should check out

The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,
but I've never been witness to it in my professional career.
        John Kirch,
        Networking Consultant and Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows NT)