Erlang Process Limits

Bruce Fitzsimons bruce@REDACTED
Mon Aug 13 07:03:04 CEST 2001

Hello again,

Is the maximum number of processes on an Erlang node a hard limit, or is
there the potential for this to be increased (beyond 32767)?

I am aware that requiring such a huge number may be an indicator that I
should rethink my design, but it just maps cleanly to having 1 process for
every call, with a parent process to manage them(2+ calls per real call).
However this limits me to only 10000 simultaneous calls, which isn't that
much for my application.

Is there any other way I can get around this limit without going to multiple
nodes?

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,
Bruce