Erlang Scheduler: what does it do?

James Vernon jrcv196@REDACTED
Mon Apr 23 00:33:25 CEST 2001

Hi,

Can someone tell me how Erlang processes are scheduled? I'm doing
some quick research into real-time languages, I know Erlang is only a
`soft'  real-time system, but just how soft is it? Does Erlang make any
attempt at all to meet real-time deadlines other than making context
switches very fast and efficient?

I'm supposed to be giving a presentation on my research, so any info on
why Erlang is a great language for RTS, would be much appreciated :) but
the scheduling is the thing that baffles me at the moment.

Cheers,

James Vernon