Hierarchical Distribution

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Fri Apr 20 11:44:00 CEST 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Vance Shipley wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I came across Ericsson's 'Cello' product recently and found the
>description of it's "execution platform" quite interesting.  I
>am left wondering if it might be Erlang/OTP based.

Cello is based on the OSE/Delta RTOS (http://www.ose.com)
If you think OSE resembles Erlang in many ways, it's probably
because they have much in common in terms of ancestry. As I've heard
it, the OSE OS was originally much based on ideas from EriPascal.
The person responsible for the creation of EriPascal was one Bjarne
Däcker...

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95