Severe memory leak problem fixed!

Brian Bisaillon bbisaillon@REDACTED
Mon Sep 25 03:13:38 CEST 2000

Thanks a lot for everyone's help. The problem was I had to put the parse_clientcmds call after the string:substr(NewString, 1, Pos-1), before the ; in the receive_packet function where the if Pos =/= 0 -> was. After doing that it fixed the memory leak and it actually impressed me quite a bit. I launched 4 clients to send data to the server continuously (so the server was getting pounded with packets) and it only used up to 200KBytes (rough estimate) of RAM to process all that stuff. Quite a big improvement! Thanks so much!