about graphics and GUI
Sat Sep 16 11:15:54 CEST 2000
1) when using toolbars, say table monitor, we can see the "graphics initialising" which take a while.
is the delay it due to the erlang, or some lib ?
is it using tk, or gs ? where are the ineffcencies coming from ? (no flamewar intended )
2) is it possible to integrate erlang with c++, or c only ?
3) Qt libs is now under GPL. would it be interesting to use it as a multi plateform interface, ?
( http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/designer/sshots.html ; qt is used in kde: www.kde.org)
4) how complex would it be it to hack gs to use qt instead of whaever is used ?
5) whoever experimented binding erlang to graphics, where a re coming the inefficiencies, and difficulties ?
6) did anybody looked at what haskell libs did ? (as another func. language example)
First, they ignore you.
Then, they laugh at you.
Then, they fight you.
Then, you win.
Working code is what matter, not your market capitalization.
More information about the erlang-questions