Installing and using the Unix serial port module

Chris Wright <>
Mon Sep 11 06:02:27 CEST 2000

I'm very new to erlang, so
I've got the serial module for erlang to compile under linux (had to
comment out some of the speed definitions). I'll submit the modified
version (to whom?).

uname -> Linux 2.2.14-12smp #1 SMP Tue Apr 25 12:22:15
EDT 2000 i686 unknown

Where should I put the files? (I couldn't find 'How do I install
extension modules' in the FAQ), and could someone give me a cookbook
explanation of how to fire up the terminal module. When I do
terminal:gs_init (with speed as a parameteter) I get a brief flash of
a GUI, and then nothing. . What looks like a PID (?) is returned.

Thanks very much

Dr. Chris Wright
Intensive Care Unit
Monash Medical Centre