patch to mnesia

luc.taesch@REDACTED luc.taesch@REDACTED
Mon Sep 4 15:50:58 CEST 2000

good to hear ! ( im half surprised, as nobody really frowned when i raised this
question a while ago. i was suspecting it was working in some other
enviroment/release)

> But thanks
> anyway for your debugging effort!

most welcomed !

> /Håkan
>
> PS.
>
>    The external textfile format is not intended to be used
>    in real products. Please, follow the advice in the Mnesia
>    man-page:
>
> 	"Only use this function for educational purposes.
>         Use other functions to deal with real backups."

in fact , im not using it for backups, but during the evolutionary phase of
development. we have a very short cycle, XP style, and we find convenient to be
able to dump the db to textfiles,
-either to preserve the data in case of break of  the schema ( and we can at
least edit by hand the existing data),
- or to prepare test data, especially when the (editing) front end is not ready
for inputing.

any comments ?
if u have any idea on adapting schema more automatically, ure most welcomed !