job control with OTP R7B

Arndt Jonasson arndt@REDACTED
Fri Oct 20 09:59:03 CEST 2000

In article <wk8zrk7ung.fsf@REDACTED>,
Daniel Neri <daniel.neri@REDACTED> wrote:
>Ulf Wiger <etxuwig@REDACTED> writes:
>
>> I've noticed that if I hit Ctrl-Z (using tcsh) to suspend Erlang,
>> I'm having trouble getting OTP R7B back with 'fg'.
>
>FWIW, it works for me[TM], using any of bash, pdksh and even plain old
>csh (tested on NetBSD 1.4.2).

This is when it doesn't work: OTP R7, Solaris 2.6 or higher, and the
emulator linked with -lpthread (which the commercial version is, but
the open source version usually isn't). The shell is apparently not
involved. We have a fix which seems to work.
--
Arndt Jonasson              Ericsson Utvecklings AB
arndt@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P