Bjorn Gustavsson <>
Mon Oct 16 14:03:22 CEST 2000

We did some more work on SAE for R7.

SAE should now work for Windows. On Windows, the emulator is an DLL (even
if you don't use SAE). We also removed the need for conditional compilation
of the emulator source code.

There are still no tools. We might do the tools for R8, or possibly as a patch
for R7B.

Joe's tools might not work with the new version of SAE in R7B.

"Vlad Dumitrescu" <> writes:

> Hi!
> It seems that there are no news about SAE in the latest release... Has anything more been done with it, or is Joe Armstrong's "how-to" at the latest development?
> I remember someone (Tony Rogvall?) mentioned something about fiddling with SAE in order to use shared libraries. Any progress?
> What about doing the same under Windows? The method used now won't work, as the "#!/bin/usr/beam_evm" header isn't Windows-ish... :-)
> regards,
> /Vlad

Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
			    BOX 1505
+46 8 727 56 87 	    125 25 Älvsjö