Algorithmic lists

Simon Bennett simonb@REDACTED
Mon Oct 16 13:18:08 CEST 2000

Is this what is known as lazy evaluation in functional programming
terms?
i.e. it allows you to define a possibly infinite list, and the values in
the list are only evaluated and returned as and when they are required?

If this is the case, it brings Erlang closer to the idea of an
executable specification (which people were discussing in the context of
"Who is a Programmer?") as you can define a set by intension rather than
by extension.

Simon Bennett

 Simon Bennett            E-mail:     simonb@REDACTED
 Ericsson Intracom        http://www.ericsson.co.uk/UK/intracom
 1 Bede Island Road       Voice (UK)  0116 2542400
 Leicester                Voice (int) +44 116 2542400
 England                  Voice ECN:  832 707 ext 232
 LE2 7EU                  Fax:        +44 (0)116 2046111