OTP R7B minor issues during build

Daniel Neri daniel.neri@REDACTED
Tue Oct 10 13:06:12 CEST 2000

        Hi,

I just put R7B on a laptop running NetBSD 1.4.1, and there were two
small problems.

  1. As previously mentioned on this list[1], NetBSD doesn't define
     IPPORT_USERRESERVED, so I used IPPORT_RESERVED instead. The
     offending NetBSD header file can be found at [2]. I've attached a
     trivial fix below.

  2. $ERL_TOP/lib/erl_interface/src/portability.h doesn't live up to
     its (file)name. Basically, it assumes that GCC version >= 2 means
     that the ELF object file format is used, which is untrue for both
     OpenBSD and NetBSD (and I guess also non-recent FreeBSD
     releases). Maybe the configure script should check for ELF
     somehow...

Otherwise, everything seems to work fine.

Best wishes,
   --Daniel

[1] http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200008/msg00113.html
[2] http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/syssrc/sys/netinet/in.h?rev=1.51&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup