threads - use them as much as you can

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Mon Nov 27 16:38:28 CET 2000

Sean,

You should try the different user contributions on www.erlang.org.
There is also an erlang implementation of linear hashing (I haven't
released mine as Open Source, partly because I thought Robert would
release his first). My linear hashing implementation uses the
dynarray-1.0 structure for fast read/write of tuple trees.

My benchmarking indicates that you can beat ets with an erlang-based
hash table if your objects are large enough (say > 1KByte).

If you want to try the linear hashing program, I can send it to you.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95