Jinterface newbie question

Alexis Le-Quoc alexis@REDACTED
Tue Nov 14 19:08:37 CET 2000

Greetings,

A question from a JInterface newbie... I'm trying to create a node in java
using the following code:

import com.ericsson.otp.erlang.*;

public class NeomeoNode {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws java.io.IOException {
        OtpNode node = new OtpNode("node1", "neomeo");
    }
}

It could hardly been made simpler but I think I'm missing something since
I get a NullPointerException at line 613 of OtpNode.java.

OtpNode.java:613 reads acceptor.start() where acceptor is a static
Acceptor initialized to null. The weird thing is that line 613 is part of
the Acceptor constructor... I'm trying to understand how:
acceptor = new Acceptor() is supposed to work if the Acceptor constructor
refers to a non-null reference to acceptor. A sort of chicken-and-egg
problem. What am I missing here?

--
Alexis Le-Quoc