make problems

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Thu Nov 2 14:53:41 CET 2000

> When i run ./configure, at the end i get an error about it not being
> able to create the directory
> /usr/local/erlang/otp_src_R7B-0/lib/gs/c_src/lib/tcl7.6/unix. It
> then goes on about "i assume that there is standalone support"

This I haven't seen before and can't think of a reason. Maybe I can
figure it out if you add add "set -x" to

  otp_src_R7B-0/lib/gs/c_src/lib/tk4.2/unix/configure

and send me the output.

> The Makefile is created but when i run make i get an rc: Command not found
> error. What is this rc command

I think this is becuase of a bug in the configure script. The symbol
AR was never set when 'ar' was nog found. Make sure you have a 'ar'
program in your path. Try it and get back if you still have problems.

kent