erlang window manager

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Thu May 18 13:37:17 CEST 2000

Hi all!

One possible application of Erlang in the book (or more exactly, in The Book
:-) is a graphical window manager, where all controls and windows are Erlang
processes and the messages sent are real messages.

It would be an interesting project. Huge, but interesting. Has anyone give
it any thought? Would it be a practical thing to do? Personally, I am not so
fond of gs or etk... and a nice GUI would make a lot as marketing material
:-)

[The question was actualized when I checked out Clean and was impressed by
the graphical I/O library written all in Clean. And there's a game library
too, for developing platform games! http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/]

regards,
Vlad