Monitoring of nodes..

Geoff Wong <>
Wed May 17 08:06:09 CEST 2000

> What have I missed if I have three (3) nodes <>, they
> are all "connected" with each other. Node '' does BIF calls to
> monitor_node(, true) and monitor_node(,true). Now node
> '' monitors both node '' and node ''. If I terminate
> node '', node '' should receive an {nodedown, } message
> which it does.
> BUT, if I then terminate the '' node I do NOT receive any
> {nodedown, } message. Now, is this the correct behaviour? It's
> not what I expected anyway..?

Indeed net_kernel:monitor_nodes(true) also gives unexpected behaviour.

If we do:

net_kernel:monitor_nodes(true),
net_adm:ping(),  % assuming this is up and responds with 'ping'
receive X -> X end.

Then terminate  and we never get a nodedown message
on the node which ran net_kernel:monitor_nodes().

Geoff