Information

Thomas Arts thomas@REDACTED
Fri May 12 16:29:49 CEST 2000

Stephan Feilhauer wrote:

> Hi,
> my name is Stephan Feilhauer and I am a math student
> from Berlin, Germany.
> I was wondering, if you Email algorithms or
> mathematical concepts that you use for your software
> to students like me, because we are discussing
> algorithms in math class and I would like to find out,
> how one from "real life" would look like.
> Looking forward to your reply,

Just have a look in the libraries of the Erlang distribution
http://www.erlang.org

in particular you may be interested in
digraph.erl
ordset.erl

and it might also be nice to look at the source code
for handling big numbers (our integers have no upperbound).
Excepts for graph's and sets we do not have that many mathematical
concepts implemented. No topologies, no logics, no continuous
functions, no differential equation packages... After all it is
the math that forms the model for the software, not the software
that forms the prove for the model!
You could see strong similarities between lambda calculus and
a functional programming language, but the notion of lambda
calculus is more the field of theoretic computer science than
that of math ;0).

/Thomas