Erlang type-checker (erltc) ?

Thomas Arts thomas@REDACTED
Thu May 11 16:25:58 CEST 2000

Pascal Brisset wrote:

> Is anyone maintaining erltc, the erlang type-checker mentionned at
> http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/fp/doors.html ?
>
> Are there other static verification tools for Erlang ?

The typechecker as developed by Simon Marlow and Phil Wadler
is not updated to the newer Erlang releases. A different
approach is available at:

http://www.ericsson.se/cslab/~thomas/typesdownload.shtml

and a newer version is under construction and yet applied
to code of one of the bigger projects.

Another verification tool that has been developed
is a theorem-prover like tool which can be used to (manually)
prove arbitrary  properties of Erlang programs:

http://www.ericsson.se/cslab/~thomas/verification.shtml
http://www.sics.se/fdt

Recently at the university of Aachen they have build a
prototype modelchecker tool for Erlang:

http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/hutch/

Please send me an email if you need more detailed information.

Regards
Thomas

---
Thomas Arts