Tcl/Tk

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Mar 28 19:17:12 CEST 2000

Here at Motivity we became frustrated with the lack of
direction in the support of graphical user interfaces
and took a course which sounds very similiar to what is
being discussed here.

We have built a Tcl/Tk extension to provide messaging into
Erlang.  It is a dynamically linked library which handles
setting up connections to Erlang processes and translating
messages.  It's really a bridge from the Tcl script level
into the erl_interface functions.  Using this approach we
can write user interface programs in native Tcl/Tk and
run them on X-Windows/MS-Windows machines with no Erlang/OTP
installed at all.  The communication from the management
station to the server is native Erlang messaging.

We have ported the mines application example over to use
this approach and intend to share this soon.  Real work
is keeping us busy elsewhere for the moment.  :)

	-Vance

Vance Shipley
Motivity Telecom Inc.