Changing Solaris environment variables so os:getenv/1 gets th e ne w value

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Fri Mar 24 16:35:17 CET 2000

Uffe,

Yet again thanks very much. You haven't thought about making the rest of
AXD301 open source have you?!!! (Only joking I'm sure).

> But if you only want to do it for appmon, you might want to
> consider running appmon on another node and connecting the nodes via
> distributed Erlang. Using the job control (Ctrl-G), you can also run a
> remote shell from this other node.

I am a bit concerned about the security of this mechanism. I'm not sure I
want the COOKIE known so that people can back door in with their nice free
downloaded erlang. It would also kick off a whole load of alarms when the
new node went down. Hmmm food for thought though.

Sean