Distribution by another means

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Tue Jun 13 17:53:14 CEST 2000

I need to connect up two separate Erlang/OTP based systems which are
separated amongst other things by a firewall.

I don't want to run the standard distribution mechanism between the two
systems for various reasons but need a simple rpc type call in both
directions.

Out of all the mechanisms available in OTP what are peoples views on which
would be the quickest and easiest mechanism requiring least overhead and
minimum complexity. Full on CORBA would work but is probably overkill??

Views?

Sean