PLI 2000: Second call for participation

Konstantin Läufer laufer@REDACTED
Mon Jul 31 21:21:57 CEST 2000

[This may actually be the first call for participation on some of the
lists.]

The deadline for early conference registration and hotel reservations is
August 25th (please see below for details).

			CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

			       PLI 2000

	       Principles, Logics, and Implementations
		 of high-level programming languages

			 Montréal, Canada
			September 17-22, 2000

		     http://www.cs.yorku.ca/pli00

The colloquium on Principles, Logics, and Implementations of high-level
programming languages is a collection of conferences and workshops aimed at
the advancement of high-level programming languages.

PLI 2000 comprises the following conferences and workshops:

    ICFP    International Conference on Functional Programming
    PPDP    Principles and Practice of Declarative Programming

    Haskell Workshop on Haskell
    HLCL    High-Level Concurrent Languages
    HOOTS   Higher Order Operational Techniques in Semantics
    RULE    Rule-Based Programming
    Scheme  Workshop on Scheme and Functional Programming
    SAIG    Semantics, Applications and Implementation of Program Generation
    TIC     Types in Compilation

			   ----------------

A detailed presentation of the colloquium including a preliminary program,
registration and accommodation information and forms are all available on
the WEB.  The rest of this message is a summary of the PLI 2000 home page.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

 | Sep 17  | Sep 18  | Sep 19  | Sep 20    | Sep 21   | Sep 22  |
 | Sunday  | Monday  | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday  |
 |==============================================================|
 |         |                         |                          |
 |         |         I C F P         |         P P D P          |
 |         |                         |                          |
 |==============================================================|
 | Haskell |         |  RULE   |   HLCL    |   TIC    |  HOOTS  |
 |---------+-------------------+-----------+--------------------|
 | Scheme  |                   |   SAIG    |                    |

REGISTRATION

The registration fees and the registration procedure are described on the
WEB.  To benefit from the early bird rate, your registration and payment
must be received by August 25.

VENUE

PLI 2000 will be held in Montréal, at

       Holiday Inn Select
       Jardin Sinomonde
       99 avenue Viger Ouest
       Montréal (Québec)
       Canada H2Z 1E9

       Reservation:    +1 888 878 9888
		       http://www.hiselect-yul.com/html/reserv2_A.html

       Email:          hiselect-yul@REDACTED
       Telephone:      +1 514 878 9888
       Fax:            +1 514 878 6341

ACCOMMODATION

The Holiday Inn offers rooms at the reduced conference rate of
CAD $ 130 + 15% tax for both single and double rooms.  (1 CAN $ equals
approximately 0.68 US $.)  Indicate that you are attending the PLI 2000
colloquium of the ACM when you make the reservation.  Hotel reservations
need to be done before August 25 to secure the reduced rate.
Reservations received after this date will be accepted on a space
available basis at the reduced conference rate.  Additional information
is provided on the WEB.

    September is usually very busy in Montréal, so you should arrange
	         for your accommodation as soon as possible.

GRANTS FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS

Students who will present a paper at one of the conferences or workshops
associated with PLI 2000 may apply for travel fellowships from the PAC fund
(see http://www.acm.org/sigplan/PAC).

CONFERENCE SECRETARIAT

For any information, please contact the conference secretariat

     PLI 2000
     c/o Yvette Dubuis
     DI - LAMP
     EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
     IN (Ecublens)
     CH 1015 Lausanne
     Switzerland

     Email:           pli00@REDACTED
     Telephone:       +41 21 693 5202
     Fax:             +41 21 693 6660

SPONSORS

PLI 2000 is organized by ACM SIGPLAN with the support of Microsoft Research.
ICFP 2000 is also supported by Cambridge University Press, Compaq, EAPLS,
Université de Montréal, and Sun Microsystems.  PPDP 2000 is also
supported by the Canadian Space Agency, York University, EAPLS, the
Association for Logic Programming, and COMPULOG Americas.