discovery

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Mon Jul 10 03:41:47 CEST 2000

A host is supposed to join an Erlang cluster on boot. Do we have to
give it an explicit IP address or FQDN of some other host(s) in the
cluster?

We're considering a multicast group address for this purpose. But
maybe there's already a solution and I just haven't found it in the
docs.

What's done with Real Life Erlang apps to get nodes to join up?

Ideally isn't a cluster a fluid thing, without hard-coded physical
node assignments?

[Load balancing/failover have such nice chicken-and-egg problems.]