Parsing big files

David Gould dg@REDACTED
Thu Dec 7 18:57:09 CET 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 10:17:55AM +0100, Karlsson Mikael wrote:
> I think this is a good idea, considering how many protocols
> are string-based today.
>
> Why not call the module perlang :-)

Eeek. I think perlre will do fine, maybe even try to use the python
style interfaces, but of course without the "in Python most things are
objects unless they are not" OO ness.

I guess the other point is that it needs to be fast.

> By the way, do the SuSE Linux distributions include Erlang ?

I am working on trying to get it included (very slowly). Space on the CDs
is precious and so I have to both package it and then find room for it,
which may mean dropping something else and does mean getting some others
to agree.

Still, we have Haskell, so why not?

-dg

--
David Gould                                                 dg@REDACTED
SuSE, Inc.,  580 2cd St. #210,  Oakland, CA 94607          510.628.3380