erlang initial experiences

Gordon Beaton not.for.email@REDACTED
Wed Apr 19 09:01:08 CEST 2000

On 18 Apr 2000 06:35:00 GMT, Hal Snyder wrote:
> 1. Building OTP aborted on every directory with .java files. This was
> due to the Makefiles trying to make .classes one at a time

You're completely right - the OTP way of building java really sucks.

Part of the problem, I guess, is due to the fact that javac and
clearmake aren't on particularly friendly terms. Another is that java
was introduced into OTP relatively late in the game and nobody sat
down to try to figure out the best way to integrate the java
components into the build system properly, resulting in a few
inconsistencies in that area.

For references and opinions, see the recent thread about clearcase...

/gordon

--
g o r d o n . b e a t o n @ e r i c s s o n . c o m