Minimal embedded Erland system

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Thu Sep 23 09:23:11 CEST 1999

 > I make a boot script using systools:make_script() and start the system
 > using "erl -boot test -mode embedded -pz /home/jfk/test/ebin". The

If you replace the "-mode embedded " with -noshell, the shell isn't
started. (Also note that the erlc compiler knows how to compile
.rel files, we can just call erlc test.rel to produce the script+boot
files.)

An even easier way to make a small script to run your erlang code is
erl -noshell -s test

 > shell, write something to standard output and then exit to the Unix

io:format(... writes to stdout, halt() exits the erlang system back
to the unix shell.

There is no _easy_ way to write to stderr.

/klacke