Supervisers who always restart their children

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandru.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Oct 26 14:36:34 CEST 1999

Sean Hinde wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A question related to supervisors.
>
> Is it possible to define a supervisor so that it retries an infinite number
> of times to restart its children regardless of how often they die. I have an
> application where my supervised process is designed to die as a result of an
> external system breaking its connection, but it should always be restarted
> so the external system can re-connect.

#In the return value of your Module:init function you can make
MaxR as some HUGE integer value and MaxT=1
This will make sure your supervised process is always restarted.

hth,
Chandru