Using application behaviour to just change a gen event handler

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 25 16:44:19 CEST 1999

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement for an "application" which doesn't have any processes
of its own but has a set of library type functions and installs an event
handler in the local alarm_handler gen_event process.

The application behaviour appears to require the Pid of the top level
supervisor to be returned but I won't have one in my case.

Any suggestions as to how to install the new event handler during
application startup while maintaining the API rules of application?

Thanks,

Sean Hinde