What is wrong? Help please.

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Mon Oct 18 01:01:46 CEST 1999

> I'm working on simple erlang alarm monitor with Java front-end, but jive
> always crushs with same reason on the same function after 2-10 minutes of
> work. Below is a part of erlang-crush.dump.
>
> <Erlang crash dump>
> Sun Oct 10 22:53:18 1999
>
> Slogan: <0.184.0>: Overrun heap
> heap start 0x082f6c08, heap end 0x082f946c, size 0x00000a18

Did you ever get an answer for the above question ?

I can't help you much since I haven't used Jive myself,
but that "Overrun heap" message indicates that you may
have an Erlang function running which never terminates.

Not much help I know.

Cheers /Tobbe
(Ps. Is it really no one else on this list who has used Jive ? )