JDBC interface

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Thu Oct 14 10:34:46 CEST 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Clay Gordon wrote:

Clay> I am investigating the use of an application that claims it is able to work
Clay> with any relational database with a JDBC interface. The real-time,
Clay> distributed nature of Mnesia makes it suitable for this particular
Clay> scenario, so I am wondering about JDBC connectivity. I have not read it
Clay> mentioned on the list and do not remember coming across it in any of the
Clay> documentation I have read.
Clay>
Clay> Does it exist?

No, it does not exist. Mnesia has no SQL interface.

We do however have a prototype of an SQL interface, which was
implemented as a master thesis work. For a small subset of SQL, the
compiler translated SQL queries into the internal form of the
Mnemosyne query compiler, and then used Mnesmosyne's backend to
evaluate the query.

There is a substantial amount of work needed, in order to implement a
fully SQL compliant interface for Mnesia. We have no such plans for
the moment.

/Håkan