Socket stream tokeniser?

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Thu Nov 4 13:01:05 CET 1999

Hi all,

I'd really like some helper code for dealing with sockets, like a
stream tokeniser. What I'm thinking of is a server that sits between a
client and a socket and takes requests like read_until("\n") or
read_until(FunctionThatSaysWhenToStop), and takes care of all the
buffering. Has anyone got something like this they can send me?

Or is there something I'm not appreciating about the by-hand approach
taken in httpd/pico/epop/etc where the client does the buffering and
input-searching itself? I'm a bit scared of doing it this way too
often and suspect something higher level would be nicer.

Cheers,
Luke