Socket libraries question.

"mickael_remond"@REDACTED "mickael_remond"@REDACTED
Wed May 26 14:59:19 CEST 1999

I am trying to create a socket application working both on Linux and
Windows.

I found that the way of receving packet is not the same under Linux or
under Windows. I am using the {packet, 0} option.

Under Linux, the program seems to be waiting for a carriage return before
receiving. Under Windows, the program is receiving and answer after each
key pressed.

What am I missing ?

Is there a standard socket comportement for receiving the packets only on
carriage return (for example, each time the enter key is pressed under
telnet).

Thanks in advance.

Mickael Remond