Problem getting started with Orber

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Sun Mar 7 13:32:10 CET 1999

Hi all,

I could use a hand with a problem I'm having getting started with
Orber.  I'm trying to find a Naming service using an IOR and use it to
lookup another object, however I get the following error when I call
"resolve" on the naming service:

** exited: {{badarg,{gen,call,
                         [orber_reqno,
                          #Ref,
                          {'$gen_call',{<0.281.0>,#Ref},get},
                          infinity]}},
            {gen_server,call,[orber_reqno,get,infinity]}} **

I also get this error when I try looking up another object by IOR and
calling it.  I'm not sure what the problem is, the IOR parses
correctly (printing it gives all the right information), but I
invariably get this error when I make a call on an object.  I suspect
I'm doing something silly. :-)

The code which is causing the problem is attached.  It depends on some
supporting classes, but if there is no obvious problem and it would
have to be run to reproduce this problem, then the dependency could be
easily severed.  The ORB at the other end is JavaIDL running on Linux
JDK1.2pre1, and Orber is running on the same machine.

Thanks for any light you could shed on this!

P.S., I'm sorry if the code is ugly, I'm taking my first steps with Erlang.

Cheers,
Luke