Who is Using Erlang? ...

nsi04102-boeke boeke@REDACTED
Thu Jun 17 11:56:50 CEST 1999

Dinesh wrote:

> Does anyone know which major organisations (apart from Ericsson's)
> are using Erlang ...

One thing I know for shure: Lucent is not using it. In the past I spent
some efforts to introduce to my colleagues the possibility of using Erlang.
Some of them did like this option indeed, however the management did not
want it. One of the arguments was that our problems were not in the area
of the used language (C and C++). I never fully understood this: Erlang
claims to have 5 times smaller code then C, so it should contain 5 times
less bugs ... but probably I'm naive.

Wouter Boeke