global_name_server question.

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Thu Jun 3 20:53:24 CEST 1999

"Craig Dickson" <crd@REDACTED> writes:

> Peter Olin wrote:

[...]

> copy3(File1, File2) ->
>     file:write_file("dot_login",
>                     begin {ok, B} = file:read_file(".login"), B end).

Interesting, I've never come across "begin" before.  Could you please
give me a pointer to where it's documented?  Perhaps I just missed it
in the general documentation, or are there some nice features tucked
away in the specification/reference manual only?

--
"The Commando Pattern is used to get in and out quick, and get the job
done. This pattern can break any encapsulation to accomplish its