Erlang build problem

Dave Hill dave.hill@REDACTED
Wed Jul 28 16:49:17 CEST 1999

I have been trying unsuccessfully to build Erlang 47.4.1 on a OpenLinux 2.2
platform.
When I run ./configure it fails with the following message:

"installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
executables"

this seems to be coming from the ../lib/orber/configuration. The config.log
in the ../lib/orber directory has the following lines in it:

configure 778: Checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc   ) works
configure 792: gcc -o conftest conftest.C 1>&5
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus`:  No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 788 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
main() { return(0); }

Has anyone come across this problem before ?
All helpful suggestions gratefully received - thanks in advance: Dave Hill