Open Source Erlang

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Fri Jul 2 23:06:20 CEST 1999

 mk@REDACTED wrote:
> It must have been a missunderstanding then because they were ment to be
> left out since the much better replacments do already exists ie IDL
> communication with the help of the IC (in both version) that gives much
> better performance than IG and Jive.

Well, maybe I'm wrong,but as far as I recall, the IC libs were not
in a representable state in the release that OSE is based on. That
would be R4B in erispeak. So, we had the choice of shipping nothing
or IG+jive.

> Correction the Java backend is not
> released yet (I think) but will be in the next OSE release.

We're all eagerly waiting for the next OSE release with
the new IC libs. For readers of this list that have never
heard of IC (the Interface compiler) it's a compiler
that compiles IDL specs into interfaces that can be used
by erlang programs to communicate with C/C++/Java programs
and vice versa. Just what we all need.

Anyway, I'm sorry if we released a buggy IG lib that you
would prefer buried and forgotten for ever :-)

Cheers

/klacke