Comments on the www.erlang.org course.

Ben Hyde bhyde@REDACTED
Wed Feb 10 18:43:17 CET 1999

I've recently read thru the course that get's top billing at
www.erlang.org.  Here are a few typos and questions.  - ben

---

** Sequential Programming
typo: This lesson is missing one last 'back to top' button.
question: What's the unicode, utf-8 etc. etc. story today.
question: The string is a list implies that strings are not very dense?
question: Atoms are interned in a per node pool and never reclaimed, I presume.

*** Concurrent Programming

**** Client Server Model
typo: The code for request/1 uses the variable R rather than Rep by mistake.

*** Error Handling

**** Processes can trap exit signals.
drawo: The illustration ought to show P3 linked to P2 not sending a message to P2.

*** Advanced Topics